Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Thank You Global Art


During the Christmas holidays, Global Art launched the Gift of Art Promo with 5 Global Art Scholarships as major prizes and oil pastel sets as consolation prizes.  I joined the promo hoping to win an art scholarship for my son.  We did not win an art scholarship, but we managed to win an oil pastel set, yehey!



Our entry for the Gift of Art Promo

The cool oil pastel set for Ethan!!!

I claimed the prize about 2 weeks ago from Alabang Town Center where one of the scholarship winners Kyla is now taking her classes.  Thank you Global Art for the wonderful oil pastel set!

During my visit to Global Art ATC, I was given a tour of the facilities and was briefed through their Visual Art Curriculum.  Global Art is like Kumon for Art according to Ms. Summer who attended to me. There's the Foundation level (4-6 years old), Basic level (7-9 years old), Intermediate level (10-12 years old) and the Advanced level (13 and above).  They also have Acrylic Painting and Cartoon and comics classes.  G-clay and Handicrafts are also added somewhere during each term as an intermission from doing serious art work so to say.

Classes is open for adults too by the way.  I learned that their oldest student is 57 years old.  Seeing the progress of his work triggered the desire to enroll myself instead of my son.  Well, I did not enroll just yet, but I am definitely considering it.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment