Sunday, January 1, 2012

Ending 2011, Welcoming 2012

There was really no master plan as to how we would be ending 2011.  In fact, I woke up the morning of Dec 31 not knowing how to start the day.  Kalorkey!  My sister-in-law, her 2 kids and yaya arrived yesterday and would be spending the turn of the year with us.  I did my year-end reflection while walking for 1 mile (maybe more) yesterday already and today I am in a "que sera sera" mode.  What transpired through the day for me was totally a spur of the moment and they are as follows:

My sister-in-law Liza cooks up Halayang Ube na green.
Will blog about this later at Kusina ni Mudrah.
My husband and I walked to the highway outside our Subdivision
to take pictures of lechon lined up for the New Year!
The smallest lechon we saw was priced at Php7,500.
One can also purchase lechon by the kilo at Php600/kilo.

Lechon lined up for pick-up at 5:00pm.

More pigs being hauled for roasting.

Hubby cooked his ChowKing style pancit canton around 6pm.


Mudrah broils her Bebe-vack reeves. (Baby back ribs)

Dinnertime at 7pm, then prep up for the year end mass.

At the Our Lady of Fatima Parish for the 8:00pm year-end mass 


We do not have a Medya Noche (midnight meal) picture because my niece had to be brought to the hospital to be checked by a doctor for assessment on what is causing her rashes.  She was hospitalized a few days ago for fever, UTI and tonsilitis.  When they got back from the hospital, I was already tipsy after mixing the cocktail drinks.  Malibu Rum has a bad effect on me compared to Asti, Red Wine and Glenfiddich.
One of the fountains we lit up.

Lighting up the way for the New Year to enter.
Rose (extreme right) marvels at the sight of aerial fireworks display.


At 12MN, we start the Agawan ng Pera by dropping coins
from the head of the eldest member of the  family.
This is a tradition from my husband's side
and is the first time for me to witness it.
I hope we can do this every year.
Agawan ng pera!!!
No more pictures after this because I had to lie down already.  No more Malibu Rum for me ever!

Happy New Year everyone!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment