Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Alaska Summer Football Festival 2012

The Alaska Summer Football Festival 2012 was held last May 20,2012 (Sun) at the Alabang Country Club Football Fields.  All Alaska Power Campers from Makati, Bonifacio Global and Alabang come together in this festival to compete against each other in a team for a chance to grab the gold or win an MVP trophy.  Two tournament schedules were held that day.  Morning tournaments 7:30am to 12NN were for Boys U18/U14/U12 and Girls U18 (4 teams each) while afternoon tournaments 1:30pm to 5:30pm were for players U10/U8/U6 and girls U12 (4 teams each).

We attended the afternoon tournament as my son belongs to the U8 category.  I do not really know much about football lingo so all I can really say at this point is that I felt I was watching the World Cup seeing my son play hard for his team.  I could almost hear my heartbeat when he stood there for a penalty kick which can win them the gold, or land them for the silver instead.  I do not have a fancy DSLR camera to capture that moment and sadly could not share the experience with anyone except my husband who was also there.



When the ball blasted into the goal, the uproar of the red team's parents was like the cheer of fans in the World Cup.  I stood there watching my son as he embraced stardom for that moment.  He got that ball in, his team wins the goal, and he will keep that moment forever in his heart.  Me, a proud mom trying hard to hold back her tears of joy.

Here are the pictures I got of that day.
The Red Team wins the Championships for their age group

The four teams that played for U8
The kids just being kids,
playing Rock, Paper, Scissors while waiting for Coach Tomas

Jay and Ethan with Coach Tomas
Well, that ends the summer football season.  
Now, will Ethan train again in August???  
Hmmm...we'll see :)

No comments:

Post a Comment